Sunday, January 4, 2009

You couldn't shoot a hole through my uterus...

Is what I'm starting to think. 

I had an ultrasound on Tuesday:
Baby A was 4lbs 10ozs and Baby B was 5lbs 4ozs.

I had an appointment on Friday:
3cm dilated, 70% effaced. My water hasn't broken and I've had no strong contractions, so no labor yet. My doctor said he doesn't expect me to make it to my appointment on Thursday.
Allison was quick to remind me that she was 3cm dilated with Callie for 3 weeks. Please no! 

My doctors have told me that with twins, your uterus gets to a point where it gives out from the stress of 2 fetuses. Well, apparently I have a uterus that just won't quit.

Hopefully my next post will include pictures of 2 little girls...


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I keep waiting for a phone call to hear you're headed to the hospital. These monkies might just be content staying in your warm tummy for a couple more weeks. I know that is a horrible thought!
Anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know the best gift would be labor pains...good luck with that!

kirk and carrie said...

I've kept my phone close but the girls seem like they're being stubborn. You're going to have two good sized babies so at least that's good! I can't believe they aren't here yet. Your counter is already down to "0" days.

Hetrick family said...

We are thinking about you and can't wait for the "girl post" to show up! Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Okay, today's Thursday....now what does the doctor say??