Friday, January 16, 2009

They're Here!

And they're spectacular!
My water broke at 10pm on Monday night and we had the girls in our arms by 5:10am on Tuesday.
Sophia Ellen weighed 5lbs 1oz and was 18 inches
and
Chloe Rebecca weighed 5lbs 8ozs and was also 18 inches.

The labor was fast and I only had to push twice for each girl! It was an amazing delivery. We found out just before the pushing that Chloe was in a sideways position. I was blessed to have a doctor on call that night that made the decision right then and there that we would deliver her in a breech position, rather than opt for a c-section. While that scared the dickens out of me at the time, it was actually less painful than delivering Sophia and just as quick!

Proud papa

Julian's first look at the girls

Sophia in front, Chloe in back

He really loves them (most of the time!)

Just checking the vitals

Sisterly love

Dad's already a sucker for his little girls

So is brother
We feel so blessed to have two healthy baby girls who were able to come home from the hospital when I was discharged two days after giving birth. I've spent the better part of 2008 worrying about the worst that could happen, when the best possible outcome is what we were given.

A million thanks for all the help, love, support, and visits from my family. Especially grandma! Everyone should be so lucky to have you with them when delivering a baby.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite's the one of the two of them. Are they cribbin' it together? I'm guessing they sleep better together...at least until they grow fingernails & start the cat fights. They're really beautiful! :)

Unknown said...

Those are some sweet pictures! The girls couldn't be any cuter! My kids can't stop talking about them & ask everyday if we can go to Grandma's to see if the babies are visiting.
Babysitters in the making!

We are so happy that everything went as smoothly as it did...CONGRATS, again!!!

Unknown said...

Callie cannot get over the picture of Ped wearing scrubs, she keeps saying "Look at that crazy Ped!"...she's asked me to show her it again like 5 times now.
And the kids LOVE the picture of the babies kissing, it's our new screensaver! CUTE!

cristy said...

I love it! They are adorable. Seriously. I love them. You have some really great pictures already.

We're so grateful for their safe arrival!

I am sure your busy earning your "Mom of the Year" award! Last year, it belonged to Ally. This is your year! Own it!

I can't wait to watch them grow!

The Fiscus Family said...

Mary, they are just so beautiful & absolutely perfect!!!!! Congratulations to all of you! So happy to hear that your delivery of TWINS went so smoothly for you and the girls....and that the three of you are healthy & home already!!!! The pictures are all great...Dad and Julian look so in love with them...but the one of the two of them snuggling is really precious :) Looking forward to seeing more of them! Congrats!!!!

Hetrick family said...

CONGRATULATION!!!

They are so sweet! I am glad the delivery went so well. Come on...after that pregnancy you deserved it :)
The boys look smitten and now you are no longer outnumbered. Then again, don't girls (even if outnumbered) always seem to end up with the upper hand ;) Can't wait to watch them grow!

kirk and carrie said...

You guys went from a little family of three to a family of five! Ped and Julian look like they are already wrapped around the girls tiny little fingers. You got so many great pictures! That must feel good to be on top of it already.

Whit and Steve said...

I'm so glad they are here and that everything went well! Those pictures really are so sweet! I can't wait to see more! I hope you're feeling well!