Friday, January 9, 2009

Thursday's (dis)Appointment

Well, I made it another week. Another week, another 3-4 appointments per week. Poor Julian has been such a trooper through each and every one of them.

Anyhow, I am still 3cm dilated. Allison, you jinxed me! j/k.
The doctor told me that I have a very viable cervix. She repeated that 3 or 4 times. I guess that means it's not opening for anything except maybe some Pitocin in another week? She also said that while most women carrying twins opt for a c-section, she really thinks I'll be able to deliver both vaginally without any trouble. Oh, she also congratulated me on making it full-term with twins. Thanks, I think...

I guess the moral of the story is, I just need to hang in there because these babies are in no hurry to come out. I have another appointment next Thursday at which point they will schedule a day to induce me the following week. So at most I have 2 more weeks, but I'm still crossing my fingers that some sort of miracle will happen and my water will miraculously break?

8 comments:

Hetrick family said...

:) WOW....it is killing me that your baby countDOWN is now counting UP!?!

Oh, Mary, I feel for you. Such a LONG waiting game. Here's to a 2 week finish line!!

That is hilarious about your viable cervix. I loved your "Thanks..I think!".

On the up side...they can't stay in there forever! Can't wait to see them! You need to check into some of those home "labor inducing" techniques that are all over the pregnancy websites :):) GOOD LUCK!

cristy said...

Way to go!

I know it sucks to be pregnant...

Does it double suck to be pregnant with twins?

Can't wait for them to FINALLY arrive. Maybe this will be a theme for your & Ped's life..."Waiting on the girls." I am pretty sure that is what is was like for Mom & Dad for years.

Unknown said...

It's a full moon out tonight...lets hope that does the trick!
Jon thinks full moon talk is crazy talk, so I'd appreciate it if you could go into labor TONIGHT!
Boy that would show him!

Mary said...

I gave birth to Julian on a full moon night. When we went in, the nurses all told us that the gravitational pull during full moons make women go into labor. I hope I can prove Jon wrong!

kirk and carrie said...

The full moon thing is true. I'm voting for tonight! If it doesn't happen soon I'm going to send in "The Enducer" a.k.a. Emily. Remember when she almost sent Allison in to labor?

Unknown said...

Shoot, Carrie is right. You need to give The Inducer a ring-a-ling!
Why didn't we think of this sooner????

Unknown said...

Okay, that's a trip! Your twin widget (or twidget, whichever you prefer) has NO babies in it!! lol

Unknown said...

Anything new?!?