Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Quite the surprise!

I went in for my first ultrasound last week and was shocked to find out that I am pregnant with twins! Ped is ecstatic and thinks we are "so lucky!" I'm sure it will be the most challenging and rewarding experience of our lives, but my mind is still a little boggled by the idea! I am about 11 weeks along.
I was also diagnosed with Hyperemesis which, in a nutshell, is a severe form of morning sickness that lasts morning, noon, and night. It never goes away and neither solids nor liquids will stay down. They have had me on IV's everyday for over a week now on a medication they give chemo patients for their severe nausea. I lost nearly 15 pounds in just over 2 weeks, so they are trying to help me keep food down. Some days it seems to work, but the side effects are sometimes as bad as the nausea itself.
I'm sure when I start to feel better the idea of having two babies will really sink in and I can enjoy the rest of my pregnancy and start planning for a much larger family!

8 comments:

The Fiscus Family said...

WOW!!! Congratulations on TWINS!!! That is even more exciting!!! Do they run in Ped's family? Jed has always thought twins would be so neat to have...easy for him to say :) Your sickness sounds pretty nasty...hope you'll be feeling better and able to enjoy the pregnancy soon! We'll be looking forward to some BIG belly pictures ;)

Hetrick family said...

Holy smokes, this is nuts. Of the people I listed on my blog that are pregnant with me, TWO are expecting twins. My friend Ruth is having identical twins!!! That is so exciting for you and your family. I hope you are feeling better soon. Constant vomiting makes it tough to be excited about this amazing blessing!! Congratulations!

cristy said...

We can't wait...
for you to get better
for you to get HUGE (eating for 3!)
for you to have the twins
to finally get to meet the gippers!
Yea!

Unknown said...

So that is your weight loss secret huh?
Just kidding...hope that passes soon, because i can't wait to see your belly get huge!!! You'll be "all belly" literally!

Whit and Steve said...

WHAT THE.... THAT IS SOOOO EXCITING!! you will definately be ALL belly, as Allison said!! I hope you start feeling better soon!! I can't wait to watch the progress!! and i hope everything else is going well. hope to see you soon!!

Unknown said...

you need to have ped take the same pic of your belly every day until they're here so we can watch you morph! get on that ped!

Unknown said...

i cannot get over that graphic with two little babies floating around in there. have you picked your jaw up yet??? :)

Ashley said...

Hey Mary,
I have looked at your blog anonymously a couple times, but I had to post this time. OH WOW! Twins, exciting and crazy all at the same time. The illness deal, a friend of mine had it with both her pregnancies. It is a tough road, but well worth it. It seems that the dr's can do so much more for it now then they used to. Good luck! I hope you feel better soon! I will have to tell my mom!

Take care,
Ashley (Surganovich)