Wednesday, February 8, 2012

This boy



Julian just completed 2nd trimester testing at school and did amazingly well. I mean, 100% correct answers to all questions. I try not to be a braggart on this blog, but sometimes you just have to toot your kids horn.
Not only is he the brightest little boy in his class (it's true-he's at the 'smart' table and he's the only boy!), he also makes an effort to stick up for the kids being picked on in class. He comes home with stories about certain incidents, and how he tried to make it better.
Also, he is always kind and loving to his sisters. He will call my attention to one of them 'being cute' on a daily, if not hourly basis.
When he got in the car and I began to read his progress report aloud to Ped, I started to cry because I was so proud of all that he's become in 6 years. We decided right then and there that a trip to Leatherby's was in order!

I am amazed and so thankful for the children in my life. To call them blessings doesn't feel like enough. The fact that they are all wrapped up in pretty packages is just a bonus.




3 comments:

kirk and carrie said...

Holy cow! Smarty pants!!!

I'm proud of that sweet, smart boy. I am so impressed by his brains being smartest boy in class as well as his compassion for his peers. What an amazing little 6 year old. :)

Hetrick family said...

I had to read this twice because I was so distracted by that ice cream!!!! Julian sounds like a total dream. I would say lucky mom, but clearly you have a lot to do with it.

allison said...

I have been meaning to tell you - I was shocked by how good his penmanship was in the letter he wrote to Abby at her baptism. It is obvious reading it that Julian is very smart and excelling in school!
Way to go buddy boy!!!